Information for Meeting Planners
- Bylaws. It is strongly recommended that prospective meeting planners review the Bylaws of SERMACS so that you will understand the role of the Board in selecting meeting sites and in the organizing process.
- Key statistics for recent and current SERMACS meetings.
Organizing a Regional Meeting
ACS National maintains a web site with a complete set of instructions for getting started on your meeting. Topics include:
- Setting up an organizing committee and establishing communications
- Organizing the program (technical sessions, workshops, expositions, special events)
- Developing a budget (Our Board recommends modifications to their template)
- Pointers on generating funding and developing a marketing plan, and more.
- Interested in hosting a meeting? Contact Christopher Bannochie
- ReACT provides resources for ACS local sections, regional meeting planners, and region boards. See planning documents, bid guidelines, budget templates, and much much more! Click here to link up with ReACT resources. If you are even thinking about maybe hosting a regional meeting, you need to study the ReACT materials thoroughly. These materials were put together by individuals with deep experience in organizing regional meetings.