This web page serves as a resource for the American Chemical Society Southeastern Regional Meeting Board (SERMACS, Inc.). Formerly known as the Steering Committee, the Board selects the location of the Southeastern Regional Meetings, administers regional ACS awards, and provides guidance to meeting planners. Here you will find links to documents, meetings, and other SERMACS information. Please contact Herman Holt (SERMACS Secretary) with your comments, corrections, or questions.
SERMACS, Inc. would like to thank Savannah, GA (Coastal Georgia) for hosting SERMACS 2019. Thank you Will Lynch and your team of organizers for a great meeting. We now look forward to SERMACS 2020 in New Orleans, Joint meeting with Southwest, October 14-17. Check out www.swrm2020.org for more information. Congratulations to Brent Feske, as he became SERMACS Inc. Chair-Elect for 2020 (Chair 2021). Thank you Jordan Poler (Piedmont) for serving as Chair for 2019.
Special thank you goes out to Tad Whiteside for his great work as Treasurer over the last 8 years! Thank you!
About Our Chair
Brent Feske is the Chair Elect and incoming Chair
- Past Chair: Jordan Poler (Carolina Piedmont, Past- Chair) – Presided 2019
- Chair: Christopher Bannochie (Savannah River, Chair) – will Preside 2020
- Chair – Elect : Brent Feske (Coastal Georgia) – will preside 2021
- Treasurer: John Larese (Knoxville) Term: 2020-2022
- Secretary: Herman Holt, Jr. (Western Carolinas) Term 2020-2022
- Awards Committee Chair: Jordan Poler (Carolina Piedmont)
- Most Recent Completed (2019 Savannah, GA) - Will Lynch, Coastal Georgia Local Section
- Next Future (2020 New Orleans, LA) - Al Bopp or Tammy Estes, New Orleans Local SectionThe SERMACS Executive Committee, which is empowered by the Bylaws to act on behalf of the Board (Steering Committee) between its annual meetings, comprises the five officers and the three general chairs (of the just completed, current, and nearest future meetings). The Board Chair also chairs the Executive Committee.