This web page serves as a resource for the American Chemical Society Southeastern Regional Meeting Board (SERMACS, Inc.). Formerly known as the Steering Committee, the Board selects the location of the Southeastern Regional Meetings, administers regional ACS awards, and provides guidance to meeting planners. Here you will find links to documents, meetings, and other SERMACS information. Please contact Herman Holt (SERMACS Secretary) with your comments, corrections, or questions.
SERMACS, Inc. would like to thank Augusta, GA (Savannah River) for hosting SERMACS 2018. Thank you Christopher Bannochie and your team of organizers for a great meeting. We now look forward to SERMACS 2019 in Savannah, GA October 20-23. Check out sermacs2019.org for more information. Congratulations to Christopher again, as he becomes SERMACS Inc. Chair Elect for 2019 (Chair 2020). Thank you Marc Ter Horst (North Carolina) for serving as Chair for 2018.
About Our Chair
Christopher Bannochie is the Chair Elect and incoming Chair
- Past Chair: Marc Ter Horst, North Carolina Section, (presided over 2018 meeting)
- Chair Jordan Poler, Jordan Poler, (presides over 2019 meeting)
- Chair-Elect: Chris Bannochie, Savannah River Local Section (becomes chair after 2019 meeting)
- Treasurer: Tad Whiteside, Savannah River Section (3-year term 2017-2020)
- Secretary: Herman Holt, Western Carolinas Section (3-year term 2017-2020)
- Awards Committee Chair: Linette Watkins, Virginia Section
- Most Recent Completed (2018 Augusta, GA) - Chris Bannochie, Savannah River Local Section
- Next Future (2019 Savannah, GA) - Will Lynch, Coastal Georgia Local Section
- Next Future (2020 New Orleans, LA) - Sean Hickey, New Orleans Local Section
The SERMACS Executive Committee, which is empowered by the Bylaws to act on behalf of the Board (Steering Committee) between its annual meetings, comprises the five officers and the three general chairs (of the just completed, current, and nearest future meetings). The Board Chair also chairs the Executive Committee.