This web page serves as a resource for the American Chemical Society Southeastern Regional Meeting Board (SERMACS, Inc.). Formerly known as the Steering Committee, the Board selects the location of the Southeastern Regional Meetings, administers regional ACS awards, and provides guidance to meeting planners. Here you will find links to documents, meetings, and other SERMACS information. Please contact Herman Holt (SERMACS Secretary) with your comments, corrections, or questions.
Thank you Merck for your contribution to SERMACS, Inc. and the Southeastern Regional Meetings for 2021 and 2022.
What a challenging year for meetings! SERMACS, Inc. would like to thank you for your courage and patience throughout 2020. We now look forward to SERMACS 2021 in Birmingham, Alabama, November 10-13, 2021.
Check out https://www.sermacs2021.org/ for more information.
About Our Chair
ABOUT OUR CHAIR-ELECT
The SERMACS Executive Committee, which is empowered by the Bylaws to act on behalf of the Board (Steering Committee) between its annual meetings, comprises the five officers and the three general chairs (of the just completed, current, and nearest future meetings). The Board Chair also chairs the Executive Committee.
- Past Chair: Jordan Poler (Carolina Piedmont, Past- Chair) – Presided 2019
- Chair: Christopher Bannochie (Savannah River, Chair) – will preside 2021.
- Chair – Elect : Brent Feske (Coastal Georgia) – will preside 2022.
- Treasurer: John Larese (Knoxville) Term: 2020-2022
- Secretary: Herman Holt, Jr. (Western Carolinas) Term 2020-2022
- Awards Committee Chair: Jordan Poler (Carolina Piedmont)